Mobile and Tablet Boom
There is no denying that we are quickly becoming a world of smartphone (iPhone, Android, Blackberry) users and Tablet (iPad, Xoom, Galaxy Tab, Asus) carriers. This is changing the way we access our information and news, and businesses have the opportunity right now to take advantage and run unique campaigns to these users.
There are currently not many fisherman, but a whole lot of fish.
Social will get more Social
Your customers are talking about your business online, and they will keep talking long into 2012-2013, as the social networks continue to grow and niche networks start to appear. Are you listening?
The internet has provided business owners with a great variety of tools through which they can become more real, more trustworthy and build better relationships with their customers. These tools include:
- and others…
Social media is an investment, with some elements being measurable, and some elements avoiding measure. As Gary Vaynerchuk says “What is the ROI of your mother?”. With education, you can tell the difference, and make a difference!
Top 5 Marketing Trends 2012 – Infographics, Video, and Social Media
On Frame Concepts, you will find their top 5 are:
- Location Based Marketing (LBM) – This is all about delivering content (usually to mobile devices) to consumers based on their location.
- QR Codes – Their novelty factor has not worn off as quickly as some predicted and we are now seeing them used on ATL and BTL advertising…
- Video – Think about running customer events over video or producing video newsletters…
- Social (business applications) – Social is ‘Trending’ in a big way. Not just for consumers and our online ‘friends’ but also for businesses.
- Infographics – The way we consume information is changing and different audiences prefer to consume it in different ways.
PR, Communication, and Marketing Trends 2012
Jonathan Bean the COO at Mynewsdesk shares his thoughts on PR, Communication, & Marketing Trends:
- Digital First – Companies and organizations are now, finally, giving digital marketing channels precedence over traditional, analog media.
- Decentralize Social Media – We believe that social media will become increasingly decentralized, forming the holistic “honeycomb” pattern…
- I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends – The trick is to find your crowd, to find the people that will help you tell your story digitally.
- Customize This! – …people are choosing their own content, on their own terms.
- Brand News World – The purpose is to tell stories, but this method of content marketing emphasizes a neutral tone, lending credibility and trust to the brand.
2012 B2B Content Marketing Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends
- Content Ninja, Joe Pulizzi shares his thoughts on the recent research reports 2012 B2B Content Marketing:
- Increased adoption rate for some tactics
- Blogs: 27% increase
- Videos: 27% increase
- White papers: 19% increase
- Marketers are using social media more frequently
- YouTube: 47% increase
- LinkedIn: 39% increase
- Twitter: 35% increase
- Facebook: 35% increase
- Content marketers are becoming more effective
- Blogs: 45% increase
- Videos: 36% increase
- Case studies: 32% increase
- Webinars/webcasts: 25% increase